Skip to main content

leaving Malaysia


i haven't blogged for ages.. or as Mdm Sandy would put it, "donkey years"! hahah =P hmm, speaking about Pn Sandy, the 4 of us still haven't received our editor's cert yet! =)

I'm packing for NZ at the moment.. there's so much to bring!! (I wish I could bring my whole house.. if only a hurricane would come & instead of blowing my house to The Land of Oz.. it'll carry it to New Zealand! heheh.. I wish!) I wouldn't feel the least bit surprised if my baggage turns out to be overweight!! Air Asia charges quite a fair bit for excess luggage, so I've to be very selective with what I bring. Hmm.. maybe I'll haul my huge luggage over my weighing scale to find out if it is overweight =P

Things have been pretty hard for me lately. Sigh.. I'm so emotionally attached to the people in Kch, not to mention 4 four-legged animals that (to my parents horror) I treat like a close kin.. I really really pray that I will not have to give them away.
I've been praying that God'll give me the strength to get thru this. Some of u may not be able to comprehend what I'm abt to say.. but I think leaving Kuching is a billion times harder than having to sit for SPM. I wish I could stay.
Nevertheless, I know if I trust in Him, He'll definitely bring me thru! God seems to be speaking to me again & again thru these 2 verses (it pops up everywhere.. sermons, books, David's & Aunty Joy's smses heheh! =) Jeremiah 29:11 & Romans 8:28. If I were to "mash" these two verses together.. it says that God's plans for those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose are for good, not for a disaster.. to give us a hope & a future! He'll cause all things to work together for them.

It's tough.. I keep questioning "God, why.. why.. what good'll come out of this?"
But if God loves us much more than our earthly fathers.. much more than we can imagine, He will ensure that we understand His plans for us, guide us to follow thru & bless us bountifully =)
leaving my belove loved ones & having to let go of precious opportunities (i'm not sure how to put it).. is so difficult & unfair! To think that I wouldn't be able to see them for a year ++! *exasperated sigh* Maybe it'll be less than a year, my dad says I can come back during Christmas, but it isn't confirmed.. so I daren't get my hopes up in case I get disappointed..

Sometimes I wonder why God made me this way.. why I'm so emotional at times.. but I've come realise that "His grace is sufficient for me. For His power is made perfect in your weakness"! hmm.. come to think of it, I'm glad He did make me this way.. i've learnt to be more dependent on Him. =)

So now, I'm gonna wipe away my tears and "Be strong & courageous". I wanna make the most of my time left in Kuching. GOD, I know u'll help me do that =)

It never ever crossed my mind that it was this difficult to leave your hometown till now.. I wonder how Est, Marie, Jan & my cousins handled it. (to those who still get to stay in Kch, be thankful!!)

Ahh.. before I end.. let me quote those two precious bible verses again!
Jeremiah 29:11~ "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future & a hope"
Romans 8:28~ And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose for them.

God bless you, whoever you are reading this :)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncomfortable memories

I wanted to reflect on a few things I couldn't do when I had my disc injury last year because again, I think it's important to see how far God has brought me. Warning that this is a hard read/ a bit of a downer, but it also might help you be grateful for so many movements we take for granted! These were 7 things I couldn't do at the height of my pain, but thankfully can now do. 1. Cutting my toenails - bending over was so painful and so hard for a few months and needed help with clipping them, which was so humbling 🦢🏻🦢🏻 2. Changing - it was quite painful to twist my body to change my clothes. Gosh I remember having so little motivation to get out of my pajamas or not even caring what I wear for work when I usually enjoy dressing up πŸ§₯πŸ‘šπŸ‘— 3. Sitting - probably the most painful activity of all, and I still have limits to this. For about 6 months, I could only sit for 30 mins before I experienced the disc pain. Those were the days where I had to stand up every 30 minutes ...

Just keep swimming

I think God is really really teaching me a lesson of perseverance in this season of my recovery. This season has undeniably bore such beautiful gifts, and the frustrations it comes with are real and tough too. Sometimes, I just ask God questions, not knowing if He will answer, but trusting that He lends me His ears to hear me. How much longer, God? Why can't I (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards myself)?  Why can't You (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards God)? At the heart of these questions, I think the main question I ask God is:  Do You see me God? Do You care for me? My most recent question I asked God is why did You allow this recent flare-up with my back to happen?  Everything was going so well and then You allowed me to have a setback. This even happened just before I was planning to join my church music team to play for an Alpha camp. I had to plan the day so I made sure I had enough rest and I couldn't as carefreely serve. Th...

Worries big and small

I remembered asking God why.. so often while I'm singing or while listening to the pastor preach or when I'm at my small group, my strength is renewed, my cares are released and my faith deepened. But not long after, I return to my tasks and responsibilities with drudgery and I worry worry worry worry worry. I got my answer through this sermon I was listening to: it's because though I lay my burdens down while I'm at church, at the end of the church service - I pick up my burdens and take the whole pile with me out the door. Ha. And this little article I just read (below) is pretty much saying the same thing, really blessed by it! ‘Casting all of your anxiety on Him because he cares for you’ 1 Peter 5:7. The word casting means to throw upon. It’s a deliberate forceful throwing. Some suggest Peter used this term because he was a fisherman and that involves taking a fishing net and forcefully throwing it out from the boat. Peter is actually quoting from Psalm 55:22...