By Bob & Debby Gass.
James MacDonald said: 'It's this not-knowing that crushes us. We doubt...worry...despair...falter and fail... If we knew how this was going to play out we'd be ok.'
Victor Frankl, who survived the horrors of the Holocaust, said, 'A weak faith is weakened by predicaments and catastrophes, whereas a strong faith is strengthened by them.'
Count on it, people will let you down.
But God won't, 'He always does exactly what He says. He...fulfills all...[His] promises' (2 Corinthians 1:19-20 TLB).
We all have areas where we need to hold on to what God has said. He knows what He promised, He can't lie, and He can't forget. He'll deliver on time. Who else can make promises like that? Now I wish I could tell you it always figures out perfectly in our lifetimes, but I'd be lying. You cannot make sense of [His] promises with this life only. You must factor in the reality of eternity. Eternity brings it all together - eternal life and the assurance of Heaven are what make His promises so precious.
Comments
Post a Comment