My dad and I just had a fighting episode on who gets to have the fan blowing at them. This may sound strange but I really am starting to like the weather here. I have been getting such a hefty dose of sleep (not to mention the afternoon naps) lately - truly am relishing it! I spent this morning helping a pharmacist with dispensing which was heaps of fun - and gained a much better picture on what the profession is like.
Each day really drains me though. Emotionally. Mentally. Not physically though.
And sometimes I find it frustrating having to give up things for you - I have given up much and more seems to be required of me. And it's not easy.
MY SUSTAINER - that would be the first thing that I would think of if you asked me who God has been to me this year.
And I am thankful that though my/ our heart(s) ache(s), I/ we can always have joy.
This reminds me of 2 Corinthians 6:10 - here, Paul digresses to discuss his ministry as an apostle (one who has been called to proclaim the good news). ".. sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything". What a beautiful paradox.
Truly, when I am reminded of the great joy I have in knowing Jesus, even in ridiculously helpless times like these, this verse "in everything give thanks for this is the will of God for your life" does not seem as hard anymore.
Comments
Post a Comment