Absolutely love this (:
Sometimes, when you are going through a hard time, you just can't move or don't want to move. Your regular routines and responsibilities appear so trivial, so insignificant. But when there are simple, straightforward jobs to be done (e.g., my part time job, research proposal, ethics application, test prep, placement prep, house chores etc), and tears are flowing easily, go ahead and do the jobs with tears (but avoid wearing eye make-up that isn't waterproof). Say to your tears: 'Tears, I feel you. You make me want to quit life. But there is a field to be sown. I know you will wet my face several times today, but I have work to do and you will just have to go with me. I intend to take the bag of seeds and sow. If you come along then you will just have to wet the rows.'
Sometimes, when you are going through a hard time, you just can't move or don't want to move. Your regular routines and responsibilities appear so trivial, so insignificant. But when there are simple, straightforward jobs to be done (e.g., my part time job, research proposal, ethics application, test prep, placement prep, house chores etc), and tears are flowing easily, go ahead and do the jobs with tears (but avoid wearing eye make-up that isn't waterproof). Say to your tears: 'Tears, I feel you. You make me want to quit life. But there is a field to be sown. I know you will wet my face several times today, but I have work to do and you will just have to go with me. I intend to take the bag of seeds and sow. If you come along then you will just have to wet the rows.'
Comments
Post a Comment