Yesterday, I was reminded of the fragility of life. And it scares me. I don't think I handle such things well at all. My stomach feels like it's all knotted up with worry. I can't think clearly. My eyes are puffy from crying and praying. It frustrates me that I can do nothing practical being so far away. I can't even give one hug. I'm so glad everyone is kinda ok - badly shaken, with minor injuries. In the midst of my intense emotions (yeah, get a grip, girl!), I know I must trust God.
But just knowing that Jesus Christ became poor and subjected Himself to the fragilty and frailty of human life really comforts me. He was born in a stable so 30 years later, He might hang on a cross so that we may have victory over sin and death, forever.
So because He lives, we can all face today.
Haha, and this verse comes to mind:
"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:2
But just knowing that Jesus Christ became poor and subjected Himself to the fragilty and frailty of human life really comforts me. He was born in a stable so 30 years later, He might hang on a cross so that we may have victory over sin and death, forever.
So because He lives, we can all face today.
Haha, and this verse comes to mind:
"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:2
Comments
Post a Comment