Usually on the 31st each year, I come up with a lot of complex resolutions - like specific areas in my character that God wants to develop, His plans in my studies, what church I attend, relationships, ministry. And I end up with a pretty complicated list that to be honest, I only look at through January and chuck aside the rest of the year.
Maybe I should review that list more consistently.
But I think this year, I'm just gonna keep it simple so that I can easily retrieve it from my memory :D
I feel like these are the two verses God is challenging me with this year.
Isaiah 48:17, "This is what the Lord says - Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord Your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.' "
This verse has really become such an encouragement to me since I heard it in church. In all the scary uncertainties, I've been bringing it to mind - reminding my wandering heart that God will teach me what is best for me, and direct me in the way I should go - to the path that pleases Him most which also happens to be the best path for me. :)
Proverbs 19:21, "Many are the plans in a man's heart. But the purpose/ counsel of the Lord will stand."
Only God's counsel and purposes will stand the test of time and help us stand firm in our faith. Our many plans if not guided by or if they're against His counsel will fail.
I have made some costly mistakes this year because I rushed headlong into my own plans without bothering to sit down and contemplate God's direction. I didn't even seek wise counsel. And I did it intentionally thinking that that was the "more efficient way" to make a decision. Man, was I dumb. :( But the Lord disciplines those He loves. I've had to work a lot harder to rectify things because of my foolishness - been so humbling and I'm praying that this year, I will acknowledge You, Dad, in all my ways. Forgive me and teach me.
Comments
Post a Comment