As you lead me through this valley of vision
Let me see You in the heights
For I know that I know that I know that I will find:
Your grace in this valley
Your hope in my hopelessness
Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
Your nearness in my loneliness
Your healing in my brokenness
Your light in my darkness
Your sight in my blindness and confusion
Your grace to forgive and get up again
Your love and courage to face what I fear
Your strength and glory in my weaknesses
The more I lose, the more precious You become to me
The lower I go, the more I yearn for You to make my heart Your home on earth
That the deeper I go into darkness
The more I see Your radiant light.
Shortly before a gunman murdered her, Virginia Tech student Lauren McCain wrote in her diary, "Show me Your purpose for me at Tech, and on this earth. But, if You choose not to, I will still praise You and walk where You lead, not because I am selfless, or holy, or determined to sacrifice myself for what is right, but because You are the delight of my heart; and I cannot live without You.
Anything that annoys you is teaching you patience
Anyone who abandons you is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet
Anything that angers you is teaching you forgiveness and compassion
Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back
Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love
Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear
Anything you can't control is teaching you how to let go.
Let me see You in the heights
For I know that I know that I know that I will find:
Your grace in this valley
Your hope in my hopelessness
Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
Your nearness in my loneliness
Your healing in my brokenness
Your light in my darkness
Your sight in my blindness and confusion
Your grace to forgive and get up again
Your love and courage to face what I fear
Your strength and glory in my weaknesses
The more I lose, the more precious You become to me
The lower I go, the more I yearn for You to make my heart Your home on earth
That the deeper I go into darkness
The more I see Your radiant light.
Shortly before a gunman murdered her, Virginia Tech student Lauren McCain wrote in her diary, "Show me Your purpose for me at Tech, and on this earth. But, if You choose not to, I will still praise You and walk where You lead, not because I am selfless, or holy, or determined to sacrifice myself for what is right, but because You are the delight of my heart; and I cannot live without You.
Anything that annoys you is teaching you patience
Anyone who abandons you is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet
Anything that angers you is teaching you forgiveness and compassion
Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back
Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love
Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear
Anything you can't control is teaching you how to let go.
Comments
Post a Comment