Skip to main content

Thoughts of my dog and God

Tintin, my mixed poodle and bichon, has such a sweet nature! I've just moved back home 2 months ago. He sleeps in my parents' room right, and so, every morning when he hears my voice, he'll run out of their room and greet me, even as early as 6am! (I've woken up earlier, and he hasn't bothered to get up) My heart is so touched by this doggies affection to greet me first thing in the morning. And it just made me think about how God would feel if I excitedly wake up each morning to greet Him with affection, reverence and awe. "Good morning, Pa! I can't wait to spend this day with You! I can't wait to trust You and walk with You today! You're soo special to me! I can't wait to love and be loved by You!"

Tintin was feeling unwell yesterday. It was about 9pm, I was asleep on the couch. He jumps up on the couch, walks all over me and sits on me, shivering and panting. I woke up a little startled and realise he must be feeling quite unwell because that was really odd behaviour. Mum and I put two-and-two together and we figured he must have been eating the salt-laden grass outside - she's been pouring salt and vinegar on the grass you see to kill it. He is much better today and we are making him drink more water. But what struck me about the incident was the audacity, boldness and trust of my dog to just sit on my lap (actually, my stomach) when he needed help and was feeling unwell. Do I have the same audacity to come into the throne of grace boldly, sincerely, truthfully, as I am.. when God shows me my need for Him? Do I have the same childlike trust to just come before Him for everything I need, to just hop on His lap when I feel He isn't listening (though I know that He always is)?

Very, very convicting, and such a fun way to learn about You, Dad. Thank you. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncomfortable memories

I wanted to reflect on a few things I couldn't do when I had my disc injury last year because again, I think it's important to see how far God has brought me. Warning that this is a hard read/ a bit of a downer, but it also might help you be grateful for so many movements we take for granted! These were 7 things I couldn't do at the height of my pain, but thankfully can now do. 1. Cutting my toenails - bending over was so painful and so hard for a few months and needed help with clipping them, which was so humbling 🦢🏻🦢🏻 2. Changing - it was quite painful to twist my body to change my clothes. Gosh I remember having so little motivation to get out of my pajamas or not even caring what I wear for work when I usually enjoy dressing up πŸ§₯πŸ‘šπŸ‘— 3. Sitting - probably the most painful activity of all, and I still have limits to this. For about 6 months, I could only sit for 30 mins before I experienced the disc pain. Those were the days where I had to stand up every 30 minutes ...

Just keep swimming

I think God is really really teaching me a lesson of perseverance in this season of my recovery. This season has undeniably bore such beautiful gifts, and the frustrations it comes with are real and tough too. Sometimes, I just ask God questions, not knowing if He will answer, but trusting that He lends me His ears to hear me. How much longer, God? Why can't I (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards myself)?  Why can't You (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards God)? At the heart of these questions, I think the main question I ask God is:  Do You see me God? Do You care for me? My most recent question I asked God is why did You allow this recent flare-up with my back to happen?  Everything was going so well and then You allowed me to have a setback. This even happened just before I was planning to join my church music team to play for an Alpha camp. I had to plan the day so I made sure I had enough rest and I couldn't as carefreely serve. Th...

Worries big and small

I remembered asking God why.. so often while I'm singing or while listening to the pastor preach or when I'm at my small group, my strength is renewed, my cares are released and my faith deepened. But not long after, I return to my tasks and responsibilities with drudgery and I worry worry worry worry worry. I got my answer through this sermon I was listening to: it's because though I lay my burdens down while I'm at church, at the end of the church service - I pick up my burdens and take the whole pile with me out the door. Ha. And this little article I just read (below) is pretty much saying the same thing, really blessed by it! ‘Casting all of your anxiety on Him because he cares for you’ 1 Peter 5:7. The word casting means to throw upon. It’s a deliberate forceful throwing. Some suggest Peter used this term because he was a fisherman and that involves taking a fishing net and forcefully throwing it out from the boat. Peter is actually quoting from Psalm 55:22...