8am. My body and mind were worn to a frazzle as I stood at the bus stop listening to the pitter-patter of the rain. Books in my bag. Weight of the world on my shoulders. Felt like it anyway.
When I got on, I made an attempt to greet the bus driver in a cheerful tone – I think he saw right past my facade and instead of greeting me likewise – he paused briefly and asked, “Are you alright?”
Whoa. I was taken aback, was I really that transparent? I did not dare look boldly at him but I quickly mumbled an inaudible answer to his question and said “4 stages please.”
Wait, there’s more. As I got off the bus, I thanked him graciously. In reply he said: “Have a good day. And DON’T STUDY TOO hard.” And he was a stranger! Someone who didn’t know me. Yet, he actually bothered to care.
That made my day. Those mere three sentences sprinkled with care and concern. Even a week later, I am recounting it with much detail and fondness. Kind words have endless echoes, they have. I know God was responsible for this little encounter. Heheh! Of course You were, Dad =P THANK YOU ;) He knows me through and through, and how much little things like these mean to me – so I stopped to thank Him. Each step was getting lighter!
As I walked towards uni, I was greeted by unsuspecting singing creatures. I recognised the signature of the Grand Composer.
Joy swept through me. Joy more than my own.
"Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (AMP)
Comments
Post a Comment