Note to self: FINISH blogging by 845. This is so beautiful.. Isaiah 55. I was just captivated by it. I went for a bible seminar today on how to love and study (two words that are not normally seen side by side in my vocab :D) the bible.
Contrary to popular belief, the bible is not a book that bores you out of your wits! It's far from that.We gotta get a bit more flirtatious with the bible - when we find it boring, we are at fault - we aren't approaching it with the right attitude, we're not expecting it to speak to us and we don't recognise that it IS GOD'S WORD.
If anything.. the Bible is life-changing! it has made me LAUGH out loud, DISSOLVED me into tears, CHANGED my life, and BROADENED my perspectives more than any form of philosophy will ever be able to do. And I mean what I'm saying.It has authority, lays the foundation, a or rather THE fountain. One will only know it's price when we're separated from it - yet so many of us starve ourselves of God's Word, I myself - am guilty of that Oh, but we really must not do that! God's Word = Jesus, and we need to read it to know our dearest Father more! and oh, i can never put into words the eternal, transforming hope and joy of those who know Jesus! =)
Come and drink—
even if you have no money!
Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
it’s all free!
2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
You will enjoy the finest food.
And I am a sucker for illustrations of nature :) - the rain and snow - produce life - immediately, this conjured up images of green shrubs poking their heads out of the ground, abounding promisingly. Likewise, God says "it shall be the SAME with my Word" - that it will bring LIFE to those who hear and diligently listen. It will "accomplish all I want it to, prosper everywhere I send it". Look at thepower there is in God's Word. I'm just stunned. I need to cling to it so God can accomplish all He wants to through me -- by hiding God's Word in my heart and practising it. It doesn't matter what part of the world or what circumstance one is in, God's Word will PROSPER everywhere He sends it. But wait, I repeat, we need to have our ears WIDE open, and actually listen.
Oh no! I'm going overtime. I have to end here. Ah, what an abrupt ending.
God, help me cling to, believe in and follow Your Word.
The Bible is anything but boring. If anything.. the Bible is life-changing! it has made me laugh out loud, dissolved me into tears, changed my life, and broadened my horizons more than any form of philosophy will ever be able to do. It is a gift and a treasure. Priceless and incomparable. There is no substitute for God's Word.
(Disclaimer: I suppose it's common sense but whenever the author is repeating something it reflects his/her want to emphasize a point heheheh :D)
Contrary to popular belief, the bible is not a book that bores you out of your wits! It's far from that.We gotta get a bit more flirtatious with the bible - when we find it boring, we are at fault - we aren't approaching it with the right attitude, we're not expecting it to speak to us and we don't recognise that it IS GOD'S WORD.
If anything.. the Bible is life-changing! it has made me LAUGH out loud, DISSOLVED me into tears, CHANGED my life, and BROADENED my perspectives more than any form of philosophy will ever be able to do. And I mean what I'm saying.It has authority, lays the foundation, a or rather THE fountain. One will only know it's price when we're separated from it - yet so many of us starve ourselves of God's Word, I myself - am guilty of that Oh, but we really must not do that! God's Word = Jesus, and we need to read it to know our dearest Father more! and oh, i can never put into words the eternal, transforming hope and joy of those who know Jesus! =)
Isaiah 55
1 “Is anyone thirsty?Come and drink—
even if you have no money!
Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
it’s all free!
2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
You will enjoy the finest food.
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
I made him a leader among the nations.
5 You also will command nations you do not know,
and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
because I, the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
I made him a leader among the nations.
5 You also will command nations you do not know,
and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
because I, the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
6 Seek the Lord while you can find him.
Call on him now while he is near.
7 Let the wicked change their ways
and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
Call on him now while he is near.
7 Let the wicked change their ways
and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
My jaw just dropped and a tiny gasp escaped me, literally as I read the passage. God's ways and thoughts are higher than mine! How could I have forgotten that. *smacks forehead* Why on earth am I worrying about all this, stressing out about all this if I know God is on my side and He loves me - and the fact that His thoughts and mine - His ways and mine - are so VASTLY divorced(?)(can't find the right word) as the earth is from the heaven (phew!), won't He be able to show me and guide me to be at the center of His will? Oh, you bet He will! But wait, my ears - these ears I have need to be WIDE OPEN, and I must actually incline them to diligently listen.and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
And I am a sucker for illustrations of nature :) - the rain and snow - produce life - immediately, this conjured up images of green shrubs poking their heads out of the ground, abounding promisingly. Likewise, God says "it shall be the SAME with my Word" - that it will bring LIFE to those who hear and diligently listen. It will "accomplish all I want it to, prosper everywhere I send it". Look at thepower there is in God's Word. I'm just stunned. I need to cling to it so God can accomplish all He wants to through me -- by hiding God's Word in my heart and practising it. It doesn't matter what part of the world or what circumstance one is in, God's Word will PROSPER everywhere He sends it. But wait, I repeat, we need to have our ears WIDE open, and actually listen.
Oh no! I'm going overtime. I have to end here. Ah, what an abrupt ending.
God, help me cling to, believe in and follow Your Word.
The Bible is anything but boring. If anything.. the Bible is life-changing! it has made me laugh out loud, dissolved me into tears, changed my life, and broadened my horizons more than any form of philosophy will ever be able to do. It is a gift and a treasure. Priceless and incomparable. There is no substitute for God's Word.
(Disclaimer: I suppose it's common sense but whenever the author is repeating something it reflects his/her want to emphasize a point heheheh :D)
Comments
Post a Comment