19 New Year's Resolutions (more like Mid Year actually)
1. I will spend an afternoon in the children's department of my local library reading books I loved as a kid. (Enid Blyton! Nancy Drew! Archie comics! *breaks into a big smile*)
2. I will watch the cartoon show that used to be my absolute favorite three consecutive times on the same day. And make my sister watch it with me.
3. I will show up at a party with a gallon of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and sprinkles, and announce, "Sundaes for everybody!"
4. I will sing in the shower.
5. I will quack like a duck at least three different times in different frequencies during a day of my choice.
6. I will spend one Saturday morning playing at my old kindergarten school playground.
7. I will look in a mirror and make goofy faces until my face hurts from laughing at myself.
8. I will buy a 1,000-piece puzzle, remove one piece and give the puzzle to someone who absolutely loves puzzles (and hates missing pieces). I will later 'fess up—and give them the missing piece. :D evil grin
9. I will spend an afternoon with a friend making snow angels (or sand angels).
10. I will carry an opened umbrella on a very sunny day.
11. I will go to McDonald's with my friends and talk everybody into ordering Happy Meals.
12. I will wear socks that don't match.
13. I will roll down the biggest hill I can find.
14. I will belt out tunes opera style from every musical I know between classes, and when someone asks me what I'm doing, I'll say: "Rehearsing, what does it sound like I'm doing?"
15. I will purchase 10 decks of cards for the sole purpose of making the world's largest card castle.
16. I will smile for no real good reason at all—except that it just makes me feel good.
17. I will arm wrestle with all my cousins - and win!
18. I will go to the beach everyday and build an elaborate sand castle and yell at the waves to stay away every time it comes near.
19. I will take the time to just sit back and watch the clouds roll by or the stars twinkling in the night sky.
Note: Alas, I must admit, that not all the brilliant and mature resolutions above were originally my idea :( but some were :)
Alright Abby, back to work! that was too fast :(
Comments
Post a Comment