Skip to main content

So it wasn't such a miserable weekend afterall

Was feeling absolutely miserable yesterday and this morning with my flu, fever, sore-throat. I relished the extra hour of sleep with daylight savings ending! And I pandai-pandai (i.e., cleverly) agreed to attend a classical music concert last night although I was feeling sooo under the weather. Btw, I wonder why they call it under the weather - why not, beneath the weather, or below the weather or over the weather? Looked dreadful going to the concert with my red cheeks, red nose and while everyone else was dressed in thin long sleeved shirts or cardigans, I was in my winter gear cos I was so cold (and it's only autumn!) - like a full on winter coat, knitted scarf, and knee-high boots - I wanted to put on a beanie and gloves too but thought that would be pushing it. Haha, and although I was told that the concert would only last for an hour.. it went on for 2.5 hours - so by the end of the night, I was fast asleep - felt so bad and was really trying hard to keep my eyes open. The concert was lovely though, it was just too long - and there was a quartet and a choir as well. At the very end, they got the audience to stand up and sing along to this song, and I tell you, I felt my head nodding and myself swaying while standing, if the song went for any longer I could have fallen asleep while standing and singing.

Today, woke up feeling absolutely terrible again - but but but so exciting things happened today!
- I met the pastor who led me to recommit my life to Christ when I was 14!!! Haha, he doesn't remember me, he claims that I look familiar but he can't name me, but I think he completely doesn't remember me :P I kind of expected that, anyway. It must be so amazing being a pastor and having God use you to touch so many lives until you can't keep track of who you've touched. It was so so special to meet him again, and to think that he's migrated with his family all the way here as well. :)
- I had such a good catch up with two special girls! I just have to say - it's amazing to be blessed with friends that you can be so honest and raw with, without worrying about them judging you, such friends are really really one of the most amazing gifts God's given me :)

Thanks Pa for these blessings (: (: (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncomfortable memories

I wanted to reflect on a few things I couldn't do when I had my disc injury last year because again, I think it's important to see how far God has brought me. Warning that this is a hard read/ a bit of a downer, but it also might help you be grateful for so many movements we take for granted! These were 7 things I couldn't do at the height of my pain, but thankfully can now do. 1. Cutting my toenails - bending over was so painful and so hard for a few months and needed help with clipping them, which was so humbling 🦢🏻🦢🏻 2. Changing - it was quite painful to twist my body to change my clothes. Gosh I remember having so little motivation to get out of my pajamas or not even caring what I wear for work when I usually enjoy dressing up πŸ§₯πŸ‘šπŸ‘— 3. Sitting - probably the most painful activity of all, and I still have limits to this. For about 6 months, I could only sit for 30 mins before I experienced the disc pain. Those were the days where I had to stand up every 30 minutes ...

Just keep swimming

I think God is really really teaching me a lesson of perseverance in this season of my recovery. This season has undeniably bore such beautiful gifts, and the frustrations it comes with are real and tough too. Sometimes, I just ask God questions, not knowing if He will answer, but trusting that He lends me His ears to hear me. How much longer, God? Why can't I (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards myself)?  Why can't You (fill in the blanks with my frustrations towards God)? At the heart of these questions, I think the main question I ask God is:  Do You see me God? Do You care for me? My most recent question I asked God is why did You allow this recent flare-up with my back to happen?  Everything was going so well and then You allowed me to have a setback. This even happened just before I was planning to join my church music team to play for an Alpha camp. I had to plan the day so I made sure I had enough rest and I couldn't as carefreely serve. Th...

Worries big and small

I remembered asking God why.. so often while I'm singing or while listening to the pastor preach or when I'm at my small group, my strength is renewed, my cares are released and my faith deepened. But not long after, I return to my tasks and responsibilities with drudgery and I worry worry worry worry worry. I got my answer through this sermon I was listening to: it's because though I lay my burdens down while I'm at church, at the end of the church service - I pick up my burdens and take the whole pile with me out the door. Ha. And this little article I just read (below) is pretty much saying the same thing, really blessed by it! ‘Casting all of your anxiety on Him because he cares for you’ 1 Peter 5:7. The word casting means to throw upon. It’s a deliberate forceful throwing. Some suggest Peter used this term because he was a fisherman and that involves taking a fishing net and forcefully throwing it out from the boat. Peter is actually quoting from Psalm 55:22...