Some people just have such a knack of bringing out the best in you, so naturally, somehow they help lighten any apprehensions you may have, and inspire you to grow and develop your skills. Some call them supervisors. Others call them lecturers. I call them teachers (eheh, this is a bit cheesy I know *sheepish grin*). I'm so thankful for what I'm learning, where I am, what I'm doing, who is guiding my learning - I know this is the "honeymoon" stage, but I want to remember it - I just love what I'm doing, even if I know I have to stay up till 3am (hopefully earlier) researching. For some weird reason, I'm really looking forward to it. :) And I'm doing it to help someone else. God, You are so goood to me!
I wanted to reflect on a few things I couldn't do when I had my disc injury last year because again, I think it's important to see how far God has brought me. Warning that this is a hard read/ a bit of a downer, but it also might help you be grateful for so many movements we take for granted! These were 7 things I couldn't do at the height of my pain, but thankfully can now do. 1. Cutting my toenails - bending over was so painful and so hard for a few months and needed help with clipping them, which was so humbling π¦Άπ»π¦Άπ» 2. Changing - it was quite painful to twist my body to change my clothes. Gosh I remember having so little motivation to get out of my pajamas or not even caring what I wear for work when I usually enjoy dressing up π§₯ππ 3. Sitting - probably the most painful activity of all, and I still have limits to this. For about 6 months, I could only sit for 30 mins before I experienced the disc pain. Those were the days where I had to stand up every 30 minutes ...
Comments
Post a Comment