God has been encouraging me since I got my results. :)
Through a friend I met yesterday. After I honestly expressed that I have serious concerns about failing next year, she said: "Come on. Look how far God has brought you. Do you really think He'll abandon you now?"
Through His amazing comforts and peace as I continue to walk through my days with Him.
Through His Word this morning in Romans 11:33-36: "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! ..His paths beyond tracing out! ..Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counsellor?"
What encouraged me about this truth?
That His paths are beyond tracing out - so I should stop worrying about my future and trusting that God has plans for me, plans I cannot trace out myself despite my best efforts, plans so great, so personal, so loving, so full of His character, designed to bring Him glory. And He will guide me to it.
That no one is God's counsellor. God is the Great Counsellor. That is so comforting for me, Dad. Your counsel is the best and You counsel in the best way. As I depend on You to help me and give me wisdom to improve (of course not discounting the valuable wisdom my supervisors have given me!), I am being guided by the Greatest Counsellor ever.
Give me courage, Dad. And thank you.. thank you for not abandoning me, it is so clear that You haven't abandoned me.
Through a friend I met yesterday. After I honestly expressed that I have serious concerns about failing next year, she said: "Come on. Look how far God has brought you. Do you really think He'll abandon you now?"
Through His amazing comforts and peace as I continue to walk through my days with Him.
Through His Word this morning in Romans 11:33-36: "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! ..His paths beyond tracing out! ..Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counsellor?"
What encouraged me about this truth?
That His paths are beyond tracing out - so I should stop worrying about my future and trusting that God has plans for me, plans I cannot trace out myself despite my best efforts, plans so great, so personal, so loving, so full of His character, designed to bring Him glory. And He will guide me to it.
That no one is God's counsellor. God is the Great Counsellor. That is so comforting for me, Dad. Your counsel is the best and You counsel in the best way. As I depend on You to help me and give me wisdom to improve (of course not discounting the valuable wisdom my supervisors have given me!), I am being guided by the Greatest Counsellor ever.
Give me courage, Dad. And thank you.. thank you for not abandoning me, it is so clear that You haven't abandoned me.
Comments
Post a Comment